Social media is great for promoting your products and services but it also is key in helping build up consumer trust in your brand. It provides businesses with the opportunity to engage in conversations with customers and prospects. This in turn helps to cultivate trust in your brand and before you know it, you have a community of brand ambassadors. Trust is what will create a brand that goes the distance.
Here are 5 effective ways to use social media to help build brand trust
1. Share high quality content
Establishing your brand as an authority in your niche is key to building trust and credibility. A great way to do this is by sharing high quality content with your audience. This means putting in the time to come up with engaging and interesting content that will illicit engagement from your followers. This means no one liners and definitely stay away from posts your audience wil deem offensive. Do this, and you will establish a loyal following that will keep coming back for more.
Here are some points to keep in mind when coming up with content ideas:
- Know who your customers are and what they are interested in.
- Look to your competitors to see what they are sharing that is working.
- See what your competitors content is lacking.
- Come up with better content by filling the gaps left by competitors.
2. Use social media for customer service
Consumers want to be able to reach their favorite brands easily. Social media provides a great way for them to not only get answers to questions but to also interact with your brand. You want to make sure to have a system in place to respond to any inquiries in a timely manner. If not, credibility in your brand will suffer.
In order to ensure you are always accessible to your customers, there needs to be a dedicated person handling questions and concerns. There is also the option of creating a Facebook group where customers and prospects can post questions and other consumers can chime in. This is great for building that community every company wants for their brand. This is also a place where you want your brand to have a voice which will help further establish that trust.
3. Share your great reviews and testimonials
Reviews and testimonials are key to building trust in your brand. Everyone nowadays heads to a businesses’ Facebook or Yelp page to see how many stars they have before buying. If you have positive reviews, consumers will convert that much faster.
For this reason, you need to have a system in place for your customers to leave reviews. That way when people checkout what people have to say, they will feel more confident in moving forward with a purchase. Social proof y’all. It is everything. Here are a few ways you can ask for reviews and testimonials:
- Run an email campaign.
- Prompt a review after a successful transaction via email or mobile app.
- Create a page on your website where visitors can submit a testimonial.
- Ask for Reviews from Your LinkedIn or Facebook Groups.
Now let’s be real, you are not going to have five star reviews across the board. Even still, a bad review can be turned into something positive. The key is to face it head on. So many times you see companies only respond to the positive reviews with a big thank you. The not so nice reviews are ignored in the hopes they will just go away. Well they are not going anywhere. Respond to these reviews in a polite manner and do what you can to fix what went wrong. No one expects perfection and if consumers see you making a point to address even the negative reviews, they will get a sense of your brand’s reliability and transparency.
4. Make sure your website is top notch
When people click through to your website from Facebook or anywhere else, you are taking them to your business card. Your website is essential in building trust so you need to make sure it is chock full of all the essential information a consumer would want to see from a business they are thinking of purchasing from. Here is a list of things your website should have:
- All relevant contact details – A customer service number, an email address and all your social media handles.
- Cohesive branding – This means your logo, content and messaging is all in sync.
- A video introduction – Let people know who you are and what your story is (big trust inducer).
- Make sure your content is fresh– You don’t want outdated content on your site. People will run in the other direction.
- Have a blog – Writing a blog is helpful in so many ways. It helps with SEO and you have the opportunity to really become that resource that people turn to for valuable and interesting content. The key is to post consistently. Oh, and of course share your posts on all your social media channels.
- Your website must be optimized for mobile – This should go without saying. Everyone is on a device. If someone reaches your site and it can’t be viewed properly, you will definitely lose customers.
5. Ask for feedback
Whether you are a company just starting out or you have been in business for years, your customers’ feedback is important. This feedback can from social media, a survey or online reviews. Wherever you get it from, value it and learn from it. Their feedback will give you an idea of how your brand is being perceived and how you can improve it.
Building brand trust is an ongoing process that takes both time and effort. The tips above will help you further gain the trust of your customers, increase brand loyalty and ultimately, boost sales.